The Panoz Roadster is a car unlocked from the very first time you play Midtown Madness 2 or Midtown Madness 1. It is one of the fastest standard vehicles on the game (behind the Panoz GTR-1), and the fastest that is unlocked by default.
In-Game Description Edit
The Roadster's top speed makes it great for paved streets, but don't hit anything or you'll be finished in a hurry!
- Top Speed: 178 mph
- Horsepower: 305 bhp
- Mass: 2,595 lbs
- Durability: Very Low
- Purple (made available in MM2 through use of MM2 Revisited)
- Green (made available in MM2 through use of MM2 Revisited)
- In the game, the Panoz Roadster is a hard top, despite being an open top in real life. This is most likely due to modeling limitations, despite custom convertible cars being made by users for Midtown Madness 2.
- It has new engine sounds in Midtown Madness 2, however the older ones can be used through modding.
- The Panoz Roadster is mistakenly a front-wheel drive in Midtown Madness 2, when it should be rear-wheel drive. The irony of this error is that the car still has poor handling and severe oversteer if one makes a sharp turn.
- The front and rear bumpers float in front of each side of the car.
- Unlike in the original Midtown Madness, the Panoz Roadster's front fenders are not visible in dashboard view.
- In the early beta versions of Midtown Madness 2, this car has a different selection sound effect. In the final version, the one from Midtown Madness 1 was restored.
- The cut purple and green colors were only featured in the early beta versions of Midtown Madness 1, so this was one of the only vehicles in MM1 to have additional paint jobs in the beta versions of it but were cut from its final version, along with the Freightliner Century.
- The only other game that the Panoz AIV Roadster appears in is rFactor 2, where it is available as an addon for the game.