A NOS vehicle can use NOS (Nitrous) while accelerating, which can be activated by holding the handbrake. This allows the vehicle to reach 300 mph in a few seconds, and a normal vehicle won't be able to reach that speed. However, the vehicle is incredibly difficult to control once it reaches 200 mph. A slight turn will send it into a skid, and a slight jump will send it flying across the city. The highest speed a NOS vehicle can reach is 1,118 mph.
Note that you can give any vehicle a NOS effect with HQTM Team's MM2 Ultimate Tweaker by increasing the power of the rear brakes to negative values.
This is a list of vehicles on Midtown Madness 2 eXtreme that have will already use NOS:
- Virtual Killer - uploaded by zZenom on November 6th, 2002
- Fast and Furious Mitsubishi Eclipse NOS - uploaded by zZenom on November 9th, 2002
- Panoz GTR-1 IRT NOS - uploaded by Team IRT on June 17th, 2008
- SEAT Leon Turbo NOS - uploaded by HQTM Team on June 26th, 2008
- Audi TT NOS Boost - uploaded by Mathiew on July 18th, 2008