The Audi TT is a standard car in Midtown Madness 2. It also reappears in Midtown Madness 3 as one of the fastest vehicles in the game. The car in MM2 is based on the 2000 model while the one in MM3 is based on the older 1999 model.
How to Unlock Edit
The Audi TT was designed by Volkswagen in 1994 as Audi's new lightweight sports coupe. In 1998, it was finally released to international praise. In addition to convertible Roadster models, Audi also introduced the quattro line, a series of 4-wheel drive performance models. In 2006, the second generation TT was released, with futuristic styling and advanced technological features. In addition to the Roadster and quattro, this new lineup included the TTS and TT RS, further performance models that turned it into the powerful street machine on sale today.
- Top Speed: 147 mph
- Horsepower: 550
- Mass: 1300
- Durability: 238750 (Low)
- Aviator Grey
- Denim Blue
- Amulet Red
- Desert Green
- Big Kitty (unlocked though victory in all San Francisco Checkpoint races)
The following color was cut from the final release, but made available through use of MM2 Revisited:
- Wing Cho! (A variant of Aviator Grey but with tribal stickers on the sides and back)
The following colors appear in NialBlack's Color Mod
- Light Green
- Olive Green
ModsEditMany mods have been made for this car and uploaded to Midtown Madness Archive and Midtown Madness 2 eXtreme. In HQTM Team's Classic Madness mod, it is replaced by the Porsche 356 Speedster, as Audi did not exist in its modern format until 1970.
- The paint jobs, Aviator Grey and Big Kitty, are less shiny than any of the other paint jobs available.
- For unknown reasons, the Big Kitty paint job does not come with damage textures for the rear of the car. This was fixed in MM2 Revisited.
- The cut 1959 Cadillac Eldorado has a paint job similar to the TT's Big Kitty paint job, which could be why the Wing Cho paint job was cut in the final release.
- Ironically, even though the description says "...its light mass will get you pushed around by the big boys!" the only sports car in the game which outweighs it is the Aston Martin DB7 Vantage. All the muscle cars weigh the exact same as the TT, even though the Ford Mustang GT and Cadillac Eldorado are significantly bigger and heavier than a standard Audi TT in real life.
- The Audi TT is rear wheel drive in the game, whereas in real life it was only available in either front wheel drive or four wheel drive.
- For some reason the rear wheels also turn, which is also seen with the VW New Beetle, VW New Beetle Dune and VW New Beetle RSi. Presumably this was done to improve the handling.
- This is the only European vehicle to be unlocked in an American city.